I know the weather forecast here in the PNW isn’t too hopeful as far as warmth is concerned. However, I am beginning to feel the fresh energy of spring in my being.
It could have something to do with the fact that I am totally ready for it to be warmer and I am just being extra hopeful.
Either way, I felt inspired to share a few sentiments with you as we are on the cusp of shifting seasons. With spring comes the beautiful, fresh energy of shedding layers and budding into a fresh you.
Here are a few things to consider as we wrap up our time with winter and begin to embrace the new season that is in the beginning stage of budding.
- Happiness is actually a learned behavior. Sometimes you have to unlearn “unhappy” and relearn “happy”. A good place to start is by becoming aware of your thought patterns. Where is your unhappiness coming from? Is it something current? Or does it stem from an old scar? Spring is a great time to begin learning new things!
- Stay connected to the natural world. Spring is such a bustling time with Mother Nature beginning to wake up all around us. Tap into her aliveness. Spend time with Her and let Her feed your soul with blooming energy.
- What you pay attention to will thrive. What areas of your life do you want to see grow and flourish as we head into the longer days ahead? Take inventory. Fill up that water bucket with fresh spring rain and being nourishing the areas of your life that you want to thrive.
- Listen to your intuition. Winter allows us to stay still, to be with ourselves, to listen. What has your intuition been communicating with you? Have there been re-ocurring themes in your conversations lately? Have you had any revelatory dreams? Is there somebody who keeps popping into your head who you feel like you need to connect with? Pay attention now as you are in a great season to tune-in and listen.
- Laugh at yourself. You’re funny. You don’t actually need to be in any particular season to do this. It will feel good to do this year-round!!
Enjoy these last few weeks of winter. Begin to wiggle your toes and fingers to inspire movement in your body. Gently stretch your mind with your intentions of growth and expansion this spring. Welcome your resting soul out of hibernation.
Spring is just around the corner. Drink in the energy of the Earth with Her rains. Revel in Her beauty as the grass and spring flowers begin coloring the landscape.
Remember to love and nurture yourself this spring. You’ve endured a long winter.