Spring “officially” came with the equinox on March 20th. Today we have the first Full Moon in spring – a powerful time to begin cleansing and letting go of that which no longer serves you.
The Native Americans call the first moon of spring a Pink Moon. The name alludes to the colorful changes in nature that happen this time of year with the flowers beginning to bud and bloom.
There is a lot of energy that comes with the spring.
The days are longer. The sun brings energy and vitality to help restore our bodies and spirits after the darker winter months.
The air temperature gradually increases, triggering the flora and fauna to wake-up slowly. We see the plants and flowers begin transforming from dormancy and stagnation, to a more active state of reproduction and aliveness.
The rains remind us that it’s time to begin cleansing our bodies, minds, and spirits of the things that no longer serve us. It’s a powerful time to let go and wash away toxic burdens we do not want to carry into the summer months.
Our bodies take the cues from nature and naturally begin to wake up from the long winter months, releasing stored toxins and flushing out the emotional burdens we’ve come up against with the long winter months.
With any Full Moon there is a lot of energy. This Pink Moon can be felt as one of the more intense ones, with all of the winter layers beginning to loosen up and needing to be released. Embrace this surge of energy and take action. This is a time for letting go.
At the Full Moon, the energy is powerful and intense. This surge enables you to take action. This is a perfect time for releasing something that no longer serves you. Be brave and let go of the things that you no longer need in your life – be it material or emotional in nature. Right now you have the perfect opportunity to let go of an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
I offer you a Pink Full Moon Ritual to help you begin cleansing your mental and emotional burdens. Take time to do this today or tomorrow with the energy of the Pink Full Moon.
I offer you a recipe for a Pink Spring Cleansing Smoothie to help begin your physical cleansing process. This recipe has powerful detoxifying nutrients combined with concentrated antioxidants to provide extra protection for your organs as your body begins to release impurities and shed layers.
Pink Full Moon Ritual
Rituals are a way to honor connection with yourself, and others if desired. It is a formal invitation to invite transformation, emphasizing to The Universe that you are ready to let go of the old and allow the new you to emerge.
If possible do this outside under the Full Moon, connecting directly with Mother Nature and the Moon’s energies. If it can’t be done outside simply find a quiet place inside. This can be done alone, or with friends.
What you need:
- Pen + paper
- Candle + matches
- 1 bowl filled with sea salt water
- 1 empty bowl
- Sage or Palo Santo (optional)
- Pink quartz crystal (optional)
- Any other ceremonial items you wish to help cleanse and renew you
Ritual / Ceremony
- Create a sacred space. Find a quiet place to sit and place the candle, bowls, crystal/s, and any other ceremonial items in front of you.
- Burn the sage or palo santo and waft it around your body allowing it to clear your energy. If you don’t have sage or palo santo, you can clear your energy by doing a meditation. Imagine yourself standing under a waterfall, or outside in the tropical rain (it’s warmer!). Now imagine that all negative energies are being washed away in the flow of the water, cleansing you of anything that is weighing you down.
- Light the candle and take a moment to bring awareness to yourself and others in the circle. Open the ceremony with this prayer: “I welcome the spring and the Pink Full Moon to allow me the courage and energy to release anything that is preventing me from being the best version of myself. Mother Nature, I thank you for providing me with nourishment and renewal. I do not fear letting go. I trust that I am being guided and supported as I transform my old way of being into a new way of being.”
- Take a few deep breaths, centre yourself and then begin to write on the piece of paper what you wish to release from your life, what limiting beliefs you want to be free from, what no longer serves you or what you want to let go of.
- When you have finished your list, sign and date the page. If you are doing this with a group, this is an opportunity to share out loud what you are letting go of. Breathe deep into your heart and declare “I now let this go. And it is so.”
- Place one corner of the piece of paper over the candle allowing the flame to light your page (throw the page into the empty bowl as it burns) watching the flames consume what you are releasing, the smoke taking your intention to the Universe.
- Place your hands in the bowl of water. Signifying cleansing of the old and opening to the new.
- Remove your hands from the water and take a deep breath. Sit in silence for a moment. You may want to keep your candle burning for a while as you sit, allowing inspiration to spark. Give everyone an opportunity to share if need be.
- Close the ritual with a prayer: “I enter into spring, ready to step into my power as the beautiful Goddess that I am. I am cleansed of negativity and am ready to ride the waves of inspiration and renewal of spring. Thanks you Mother Nature for purifying my path and washing my burdens away.”
Use your intuition to guide you. You may just want to sit with a lit candle and not burn your page. You may want to have a shower or jump into the ocean as part of a cleansing ritual. You may want to meditate on what to let go of rather than write it down. Go with what works for you and what you feel comfortable with.
Pink Spring Cleansing Smoothie
- 1 handful organic strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 handful organic raspberries
- 1 organic radish
- Small handful organic watercress
- 3-4 sprigs organic cilantro
- 3-4 sprigs organic parsley
- 1/2 organic banana
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed
- 1/2 c. filtered water or organic coconut milk (for more of a creamy smoothie)